Adoption is one of the greatest ways you can help Scooby.
Scooby North America adopts within Canada and the United States and we work closely with you to ensure the perfect dog joins your family.
Our adoption process follows these steps to ensure that all details are in place well in advance of their arrival:
- Contact us via email with your adoption inquiry.
- We will get in touch with you and find a time when we can discuss the details, costs and procedures with you. If you have found a dog that speaks to you in our available dogs list, let us know which one it is and we will reserve him/her for you. The reservation is not an obligation, it is only to make sure that the dog you want isn't taken by another adoption group before we can approve your adoption. (The European groups are able to quickly take dogs from Scooby Medina simply because they're closer and they don't have to arrange flights, only van rides!) If your adoption is not approved, or you change your mind about adopting, let us know and we will release the reservation.
- If this goes well and you wish to move ahead, then we ask you fill out an application form.
- Once we receive the application form the next steps are:
4b. a home visit to get to know your family requirements and answer any new questions
4c. reference check
4d. board review and final decision
If approved for adoption, the dog you choose will be prepared at the shelter with the following:
- vaccinated for rabies, distemper, parvovirus, leptospirosis, hepatitis (DPLH)
- dogs receive blood tests for: heartworm, lyme disease, erlichia, babesia & leishmania
The cost to adopt a dog from Scooby North America is $650. This includes the airfare for the dog, ground transportation from the shelter to the airport, and use of a crate while in transport, as well as all of the vet care listed above.
You can find our online adoption application here.